Join your Colleagues: Become an ArchivesSpace Charter Member!
Last week we rolled out the ArchivesSpace membership model so that organizations considering ArchivesSpace adoption have more information about membership, governance, community engagement, long-term sustainability plans for the software, and other important issues. ArchivesSpace membership not only helps support the long-term usability and development of the software but comes with tangible benefits such as HelpDesk support, advanced documentation options and most importantly, the ability to be a part of the ArchivesSpace community and shape its direction.
Currently, ArchivesSpace is seeking Charter Members. All individual organizations who will use ArchivesSpace to manage their archival collections are eligible to become charter members and we are excited to announce that the following organizations have already agreed to become charter members:
• Arizona State University
• Claremont Colleges Library
• Columbia University
• Duke University
• Getty Research Institute
• Johns Hopkins University
• Massachusetts Institute for Technology
• New York Public Library
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
• Rockefeller Archive Center
• Smithsonian Institution
• University of California, Berkeley
• University of California, Los Angeles
• University of Maryland
• University of Michigan
• University of Virginia
• Yale University
Charter membership has additional benefits over the regular memberships, which will begin on September 1, 2013. These include:
• The opportunity to participate in and shape the initial Board, User Advisory Council, and Technical Advisory Council, including exclusive eligibility for election or appointment to these initial governance bodies (general members will not be eligible for election to the governing groups before 2014).
• An extended, initial membership period lasting through December 31, 2014 (more than a year of paid membership).
• Participation in the development of the initial ArchivesSpace user, technical, and services roadmaps, including beta releases of the product.
• Access to early releases of migration tools to move data from Archivists’ Toolkit and Archon to ArchivesSpace.
• Preferred access to news and updates.
• Recognition through the placement of your institution name, logo and link on the ArchivesSpace website.
• Use of the “ArchivesSpace Charter Member” icon.
Consider joining now as a Charter Member! Charter Membership is a one-time membership option, available only through May 31, 2013. The Charter Membership fee includes the first year of general membership and is based on the type and size of your institution. Additional information on Charter Membership can be found in our Charter Membership Flyer.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be a part of the initial launch of ArchivesSpace as a Charter Member and lead the way in online archives management software. To join us as a Charter Member, please contact the ArchivesSpace Program Office at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.
Institutions interested in supporting ArchivesSpace in consortial hosting or hosted settings should also please contact the ArchivesSpace Program Office at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.
For more information about ArchivesSpace general membership, please visit ArchivesSpace.org.
With thanks, on behalf of the ArchivesSpace Team,
Mark A. Matienzo |
Technical Architect, ArchivesSpace